For the upcoming Wintersemester 2021/2022 Universität Innsbruck is offering two new courses to all Aurora partner Universities students. The application period is between 30 August and 12 September 2021.
Sustainability & Climate Change
- Be able to think critically about their own lives and situations with respect to climate change and sustainability
- Improve their knowledge of sustainability and climate change with respect to other cultures and be able to enter into discussion on the topic with people of other cultures
- Understand the background and structure of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Improve their knowledge of sustainable earth systems, lifestyles and mobility with respect to SDGs and be able to reflect critically with respect to their own lifestyles
- Be able to engage with a real business and undertake a sustainability assessment for a business
- Understand communication strategies with respect to communicating research to the public and implementing policy changes
Structure of the course (limited number of participants!)
The course will comprise five key components.
- Frontal lectures and small discussion groups on sustainability and climate change
- Workshop on undertaking a sustainability assessment for a business
- Seminars and discussions with external stakeholders on communication and policy implementation
- Synthesis and critical thinking of topics covered
Cultural Encounters and Conflicts: Doing Diversity in Higher Education in the Aurora European Universities Alliance (Aurora Brown Bag Lecture Series)
Students will learn about: diversity and its use as a societal resource, different approaches to diversity studies and their application in the context of higher education, current networking initiatives of the universities within the European Universities Alliance and much more.
Structure of the course (no limitation of participants!)
Further information on the program and participation can be found by clicking the button below